Image Map

Tuesday 21 October 2014

#Blogtober14: (Unoriginal) Dream Vacation

Is it really only Tuesday??  I got home last night (at 6:30pm after dropping off some of my first ever batch of homemade turkey soup to my parents and my hubby’s grandparents) and thankfully had dinner waiting for me (without even being asked, thank you!) when I started a kind of cough.  Not a full on couch but a little tickle in the back of my throat so I drank a bunch of iced tea.  My little tickle grew into a full-fledged chest hacking by 9pm.  Ouch.  I took apple cinnamon flavoured Neo Citron and crawled into bed to watch 2 Broke Girls reruns.  I woke up this morning feel about the same and praying for the day to go by quickly so I can go right home after work and crawl into bed until hump day.  A screwed up back and now a chest cough… thankfully I am falling apart two weeks before our Las Vegas/Palm Springs Super Vacation!
What a perfect time to ponder my dream vacation…

Hawaii
{source}

Hawaii.  I don’t even really care which island although I hear Maui is nice.   I know there are more adventurous places (like hiking the Inca Trail) and there are so many places I want to visit but I have always wanted to go to Hawaii.  One of the biggest draws?  Someone once told me that the smell is amazing.  I have no idea what it smells like but I know that I desperately want to smell it.  My husband went years ago when he was maybe 7 or 8 and although he doesn’t remember much, he remembers it being amazing.  So Hawaii is on our travel bucket list right at the top. 
Helene in Between Blogtober
 

2 comments:

  1. I love Hawaii! Granted, I haven't been since I was 4 but I vividly remember all the pineapple (yum.). Hope you get to go one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it when we went for our honeymoon but would definitely pick somewhere quieter next time Wakiki was pretty busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!